Temple Beth El is a center for Jewish learning for all ages. Our House of Study includes a vibrant Nursery School, a lively Religious School, a challenging Bar/Bat Mitzvah program, lifelong adult education through our Temple University, Scholar-in-Resident program, weekly Torah Study and our virtual classroom – Prayers Online.
At Temple Beth El, Jewish learning is our foundation.
- Our excellent Nursery School, established in 1958 and under the leadership of Rabbi Beth Kramer-Mazer, provides a nurturing and trusting environment where children are free to explore, experiment and learn about their world, as well as develop a foundation for a love of Judaism through music, holiday celebrations, and interaction with our rabbi.
- Our Religious School directed by Rabbi Beth Kramer-Mazer, serves children in grades K-7, providing Jewish skills in areas of Torah, Hebrew, Jewish history, holidays and customs, along with an emphasis on identity, values, ethics, and tzedakah.
- Our B’nai Mitzvah program is a source of great pride at Temple Beth El, with a challenging and meaningful journey that begins in 3rd grade.
- Our 8th-10th graders continue their Jewish studies in Kadimah (Hebrew for “forward”), TBE’s own post-b’nai mitzvah program.
- Adults at Beth El gather for in depth Torah study with the Rabbi each Shabbat morning for an English verse-by-verse exploration of the text. They attend a variety of programs organized by our Adult Education committee, including classes through our Temple University, lectures from Jewish scholars and leaders from around the world, adult Hebrew classes and Adult B’nei Mitzvah classes, and annual Scholar in Residence programs.
Click here to download the 2015-16 school calendar.